A-1 Hypoxic Trimix Program in Denver
Why take this course?
The Hypoxic Trimix course is the pinnacle of technical diving. Here you will use all the knowledge, skills, equipment and experience from all of your previous training and push your limits to the extreme.
After successful completion of the Hypoxic Trimix Diver course you’ll be able to independently plan and conduct gas switch, decompression dives using trimix, enriched air and oxygen to a depth of 100m/330 feet. You’ll use decompression software to create custom dive tables and plan your dives. You’ll also understand the hazards and risks involved in technical diving, as well as how to prepare for and handle reasonably foreseeable technical diving emergencies.
- Be certified in Extended Range, Full Cave Diving, or Technical Wreck Diving or equivalent
- Have Science of Diving and Diver Stress and Rescue certifications or equivalent
- Technical Extended Range (trimix) certification
- Have a minimum of 100 logged dives, including at least 30 dives deeper than 30m/100 feet, 10 dives deeper than 50m/150 feet, and at least ten (20) dives requiring staged decompression with at least one (2) gas switches.
- At least 18 years old
- Have a medical statement signed by a physician current within 1 year of the course completion date
- Complete the following forms:
Extended Range Total Diving System
- Double cylinders with dual manifold and 3 decompression cylinders (NOT INCLUDED).
- Two primary regulators and three secondary, deco regulators – One (1) primary regulator must have seven foot / two-meter hose for air sharing. Deco regulators must be O2 serviced.
- One SPG per regulator (Dive Computer may be substituted on one primary regulator.)
- Backplate or soft pack with harness with shoulder and rigid hip D-rings.
- Buoyancy wing with appropriate lifting capacity for the planned dive
- Two integrated depth and timing devices (preferably multi-gas dive computers)
- Appropriate Exposure Suit
- Weight System (weights will be supplied)
- At least one reel and/or spool (line length of 1.5 times planned dive depth)
- Two cutting devices
- Slate and pencil
- One surface signaling device (whistle or similar)
- Two signaling devices for deploying from depth (SMB and 100 lb. lift bag recommended)
- Two masks
Students with the SSI Sidemount Diving certification or equivalent that meet all other prerequisites may participate in XR programs up to Technical Extended Range Trimix using an approved sidemount configuration, as long as they have all the components of the XR Sidemount Total Diving System for that program.
It is the responsibility of the student to provide all necessary breathing gasses for this course, including bottom and decompression gas mixes.
What will I be doing?
- 3 classroom and pool sessions
- XR Water Fitness Evaluation
- 6 open water dives (2 optional preliminary evaluation dives and 4 core training dives.)
Where can I go from here?
Almost anywhere you like!!
$830.00 which includes the Course Kit
Sign Up Now
Contact us at 303-789-2450 to begin!