Flood Happens! And when it happens, good insurance can help take away some of the pain in the pocket book. Your homeowners or renters insurance may cover you for many types of loss while on vacation. Some policies only provide coverage if the loss is from a theft or accident. It is best to check with your agent for clarification.

You can buy Specialty Sporting Goods insurance for all types of sports gear ranging from golf clubs and skis to SCUBA gear, including Underwater Photo equipment and Video equipment. One such company, DEPP (Diver’s Equipment Protection Package) has a great policy: http:///www.awryinc.com/index.html

Just like many types of insurance, you hope you never have to use it but when and if you do, it sure is nice to have good coverage.