A-1 SCUBA & TRAVEL AQUATICS CENTER INC.
Welcome to your scuba course and Thank you for choosing A-1 Scuba & Travel Aquatics Center. Diver training courses are meant to be fun and, like any form of learning, you’ll need to invest some time and effort in reading and studying before the course begins. This learning agreement is between you, A-1 Scuba & Travel Aquatics Center Inc., and the instructional staff, regarding our mutual responsibilities in this course.
THE STUDENT AGREED ON RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE COURSE
I agree to study independently. In general, this means that BEFORE the first session, I will:
- Create a personal MySSI account and:
- Upload a digital photo of yourself
- Add your complete mailing address
- Prior to the course starting date, I agree to complete all of the required SSI Forms. Additionally, should specific questions on the Diver Medical Form be answered with a YES response, I understand that in order to participate in the scuba course I will need to have a Medical Professional approve, sign, date, and provide their medical credentials (MD, DO, PA, NP, etc) on page three of the Diver Medical Form.
- I understand that by not completing the required forms I will not be allowed to participate in the course and there is no refund.
- Read the (6) chapters of the online digital manual and complete the associated Section Review questions at the end of each chapter.
- Watch the various video skills in each chapter.
In addition, I agree to:
- Follow all course procedures as set forth by my instructor.
- Ask questions about anything not understood.
- Be on time and be prepared for each session.
- There are 50 questions on the Final Exam. I understand the minimum passing score is 80%. Should I not succeed I will need to arrange for a make-up exam. The minimum passing score on the make-up exam is also 80%.
- Prior to beginning my Open Water Certification Dives I must complete all of the established course objectives including:
- Complete the (6) Section Reviews.
- Attend all sessions.
- Competently perform all required confined water skills to the A-1 diving professionals satisfaction.
- Pass the Final Exam with a minimum score of 80%.
- Perform the two required watermanship assessments: Tread or float in water too deep in which to stand for 10 minute and swim 300 yards (non-stop) wearing a mask, fins, and snorkel.
If I do not follow the information above, I understand that I may need to schedule additional sessions, and that I’m responsible for any additional costs related to this. In scheduling and determining additional costs, A-1 Scuba & Travel Aquatics Center agrees to give every reasonable consideration to unforeseen events, such as family emergencies, that lead to this situation.
The course instructor and staff agree to:
- Start the class as scheduled.
- Provide a positive learning environment.
- Answer your questions to the best of our ability.
- Assist you through course challenges.
- Provide opportunities for additional training.
- Because people learn skills at different rates, the course is student-centered and performance-based, not time-based. Should it be necessary to add additional sessions, an additional fee will be assessed.
GENERAL TERMS, CONDITIONS, CANCELATION, AND TRANSFER POLICY
- Payment in full was required to reserve a space in the class.
- The course fee includes the SSI online e-Kit and pool dives. Once the digital kit is issued, there is no refund for the e-Kit.
- Should I transfer or cancel less than seven days but more than 48 hours before the starting date of the class, there will be a 50% transfer/cancellation fee.
- Should I cancel or transfer, FOR ANY REASON, less than 48 hours before the starting date of the course, all fees will be forfeited.
- I will need to own a DSMB (Dive Surface Marker Buoy) for the pool dives and Open Water Certification dives.
- A-1 will provide a student discount on the purchase of mask, fins, snorkel, and booties while I’m in the course.
- Our policy on drugs and alcohol is simple – ZERO TOLERANCE. A-1 will provide the use of a mask, snorkel, fins and all scuba equipment during pool training.
- Please note: We strive to help each customer achieve their goal to become an Open Water Diver. However, based on a variety of individual factors, we cannot guarantee everyone will be able to complete the Open Water Course on their first try. We are always happy to create a customized plan for private lessons in such cases. There is a fee for this service.
Aquarium Programs Cancellation Policy.
- Full payment is necessary to reserve your space in ANY Aquarium Program
- Should you cancel or transfer FOR ANY REASON less than 48 hours before the starting date of the Aquarium Program, all fees will be forfeited.
- Should you cancel or transfer less than seven days but more than 48 hours before the Aquarium adventure date there will be a transfer/cancellation fee of 50%.
- There are NO REFUNDS or TRANSFERS once the Aquarium Experience begins.
- There may be occasions when A‐1 Scuba & Travel Aquatics Center, Inc. must cancel. Should this occur, you will be contacted before the date of the AQ adventure and you will have the option of receiving a full refund or transferring to another date.
Our web store is open 24/7 so that you may order when it is most convenient for you. Please keep in mind that your orders will always be processed during our processing centers’ hours (Monday – Friday, 10:00 AM to 6:30 PM Mountain Time). Our normal business hours are Monday-Friday 10:00-6:30, Saturday 10-5:00, and Sunday 11-5:00 if you have any questions. All orders will be processed within 1-3 days. Please allow 3-8 days for delivery. Please allow extra shipping time for orders that are placed over the weekend or on holidays because they are processed the following business day.
We ship all products marked free shipping via UPS standard ground service or U.S. Postal Service. We also offer UPS 3-day select, 2nd-day air, and next day air options for additional shipping charges. UPS cannot ship to a PO box so make sure to provide a physical shipping address on your order.
We ship most products for free (Standard Ground or US Mail) anywhere within the Continental United States. For addresses in Hawaii and Alaska, standard shipping rates apply. Note: We do not ship outside the United States or to any mail drop or freight forwarding services. We also will not ship to unconfirmed (by PayPal) addresses. We only ship to out-of-state buyers that have active PayPal accounts.
In-Store Pick Up
If you wish to pick your products up in the store, please be sure to designate this during the checkout process
- Products should be in original packaging and in resellable as new condition.
- Returns will be credited or exchanged (excluding shipping charges) unless otherwise specified.
- For health reasons, certain items are not returnable (earplugs, wetsuits, swimwear).
You may return any new, unused merchandise in it’s original undamaged packaging (with all manuals) for a refund excluding any shipping fees. Used Items will not be eligible for return/refund. Refunds/returns must be completed within 30 days of the purchase. A return authorization or RMA number is required.