A-1 Extended Range Program in Denver
Why take this course?
The Extended Range course picks up where Extended Range Nitrox leaves off and takes your training as a tec diver further and deeper. Extended Range qualifies divers to make extended no stop dives, and accelerated decompression dives to a maximum of 150ft using nitrox mixtures of up to 100%.
You’ll learn to make gas switch, extended no-decompression dives using air and enriched air to 150 feet, prepare for and respond to foreseeable technical diving emergencies, and master the basic skills and procedures you’ll need as you move into deeper technical diving.
- Enriched Air Nitrox 40% certification (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Deep Diving certification (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be certified in Extended Range Nitrox Diving
- Stress & Rescue Diver certification or equivalent is recommended
- Have a minimum of 50 logged dives
- At least 18 years old
- Have a medical statement signed by a physician
- Complete the following forms:
Extended Range Total Diving System
- Double cylinders with dual manifold and decompression cylinder (will be supplied).
- Two primary regulators and one secondary, deco regulator – One (1) primary regulator must have seven foot / two-meter hose for air sharing. Deco regulator must be O2 serviced.
- One SPG per regulator (Dive Computer may be substituted on one primary regulator.)
- Backplate or soft pack with harness with shoulder and rigid hip D-rings.
- Buoyancy wing with appropriate lifting capacity for the planned dive
- Two integrated depth and timing devices (preferably multi-gas dive computers)
- Appropriate Exposure Suit
- Weight System (weights will be supplied)
- At least one reel and/or spool (line length of 1.5 times planned dive depth)
- Two cutting devices
- Slate and pencil
- One surface signaling device (whistle or similar)
- Two signaling devices for deploying from depth (SMB and 100 lb. lift bag recommended)
- Two masks
Students with the SSI Sidemount Diving certification or equivalent that meet all other prerequisites may participate in XR programs up to Technical Extended Range Trimix using an approved sidemount configuration, as long as they have all the components of the XR Sidemount Total Diving System for that program.
What will I be doing?
- 3 classroom and pool sessions
- XR Water Fitness Evaluation
- 6 open water dives (2 dives may be credited from Extended Range Nitrox course)
Where can I go from here?
To Technical Extended Range Diver Course
$630.00 which includes the SSI Course e-Kit