A-1 Extended Range Nitrox Program in Denver
Why take this course?
This course begins the journey into more “extreme” diving and takes experienced and qualified divers far deeper than in mainstream Recreational diving. Extended Range Nitrox provides recreational divers an opportunity to gain exposure to technical diving and learn and practice entry level technical diving skills. Extended Range Nitrox dive scope is within recreational limits, and qualifies divers to make limited, single gas decompression dives of no more than 10 minutes deco to 40m/130ft. Divers use air and up to 50% nitrox.
You’ll learn to
- Use decompression software and dive computers to plan and make decompression dives with no more than 10 minutes of total decompression and not deeper than 40 meters/130 feet.
- Use a single cylinder of decompression gas with up to 50 percent oxygen (EANx50) to add conservatism to the required decompression.
- Enriched Air Nitrox 40% or qualifying prerequisite certification.
- Certified as a Deep Diver
- Minimum age of 16
- Have a minimum of 24 logged dives
- Stress & Rescue Diver certification or equivalent is recommended
- Have a medical form signed by your physician
- Complete the following forms:
Extended Range Total Diving System
- Double cylinders with dual manifold and decompression cylinder will be supplied.
- Two primary regulators and one secondary, deco regulator – One (1) primary regulator must have seven foot / two-meter hose for air sharing. Deco regulator must be O2 serviced.
- One SPG per regulator (Dive Computer may be substituted on one primary regulator.)
- Harness with back plate with shoulder and rigid hip D-rings.
- BCD – wings (redundant buoyancy is not required for this course; however, students should be made aware that redundant buoyancy device is required for Extended Range)
- Dive Computer that is nitrox capable (preferably multi-gas)
- Appropriate Exposure Suit
- Weight System (weights will be supplied)
- At least one reel and/or spool
- Knife / cutting device
- Slate and pencil
- Lift Bag (100 lb. lift and SMB recommended)
Students with the SSI Sidemount Diving certification or equivalent that meet all other prerequisites may participate in XR programs up to Technical Extended Range Trimix using an approved sidemount configuration, as long as they have all the components of the XR Sidemount Total Diving System for that program.
What will I be doing?
- 3 classroom and pool sessions
- XR Water Fitness Evaluation
- 4 open water dives at the Blue Hole in Santa Rosa, NM. – Minimum 2 students
Where can I go from here?
To the Extended Range course.
580.00 which includes the Course Kit
Sign Up Now
Contact us at 303-789-2450 to begin!