tec 40 Extreme Diver Program In Denver
Why take this course?
This course begins the journey into more “extreme” diving and takes experienced and qualified divers far deeper than in mainstream Recreational diving. Tec 40 provides recreational divers an opportunity to gain exposure to technical diving and learn and practice entry level technical diving skills. Tec 40 dive scope is within recreational limits, and qualifies divers to make limited, single gas decompression dives of no more than 10 minutes deco to 40m/130ft. Divers use air and up to 50% EANx.
You’ll learn to
- Use decompression software and dive computers to plan and make decompression dives with no more than 10 minutes of total decompression and not deeper than 40 metres/130 feet.
- Use a single cylinder of decompression gas with up to 50 percent oxygen (EANx50) to add conservatism to the required decompression.
- Advanced Open Water Diver or qualifying prerequisite certification.
- Enriched Air Diver or qualifying prerequisite certification.
- Certified as a Deep Diver or show proof of at least 10 dives to 30m/100ft
- Minimum age of 18
- Have a minimum of 30 logged dives, of which at least 10 were made with enriched air nitrox deeper than 18m/60ft.
- Rescue Diver is recommended
- Have a medical form signed by your physician
- Complete the following forms:
- Double cylinders with dual manifold and decompression cylinder will be supplied.
- Two primary regulators and one secondary, deco regulator – One (1) primary regulator must have seven foot / two meter hose for air sharing. Deco regulator must be O2 serviced.
- One SPG per regulator (Dive Computer may be substituted on one primary regulator.)
- Harness with back plate with shoulder and rigid hip D-rings.
- BCD – wings (redundant buoyancy is not required for this course, however, students should be made aware that redundant buoyancy device is required for Tec 45
- Dive Computer
- Appropriate Exposure Suit
- Weight System (weights will be supplied)
- At least one reel and/or spool
- Knife / cutting device
- Slate and pencil
- Lift Bag (100 lb. lift and SMB recommended)
What will I be doing?
- 3 classroom and pool sessions
- 3 open water dives at the Blue Hole in Santa Rosa, NM. – Minimum 2 students
Where can I go from here?
To the Tec 45 course.
$500.00 plus Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak $116.99
The Crew Pack includes a manual, dive planning checklist and dive planning slate. The optional Equipment Set-up and Key Skills video on DVD ($32) is a great tool to help you practice at home in between your tec diving adventures. You’ll continue to use the Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak through Tec 50.
Sign Up Now
Contact us at 303-789-2450 to begin!