CPR and First Aid Classes in Denver
The A-1 Basic Life Support: CPR and First Aid Course
The American Heart Association states that CPR provided by a bystander immediately after sudden cardiac arrest can double or triple a victim’s chance of survival. Brain death starts to occur four to six minutes after someone experiences cardiac arrest if no CPR and defibrillation occurs during that time.
The DAN Basic Life Support: CPR and First Aid (BLS: CPR&FA) course will help prepare you to handle cardiovascular events and other life-threatening incidents. You’ll learn to perform CPR, use an AED and become familiar with the signs and symptoms associated with heart attacks and respiratory arrest. In addition, you’ll learn how to manager shock and control external bleeding.
This program meets the 2010 International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation and American Heart Association guidelines on Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiac Care.
Hours of Training
Approximately 4 hours
Course Prerequisites (prior to class)
- Download and read the DAN DEMP eBook and answer the review questions (an eBook access pass will be provided in advance of the course)
- No minimum age
- Complete the online knowledge development and videos
- Primary and Secondary Assessments
- Signs and Symptoms of common medical emergencies
- Stroke Assessment
- Recovery position technique
- CPR techniques and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) use
- Obstructed airway management
- Control of external bleeding
- Bandaging wound management and splinting
- Shock management
Note: Re-certification is required every 24 months
Materials (included in the course)
- DAN Student eBook access pass
- DAN BLS/FA slate
- DAN Course Completion Card
Course Fee – $110 per person
NOTE: This fee is a stand-alone fee for this course only
When taken with the DAN DEMP course it is included in the DEMP course fee.
Sign Up Now
Basic Life Support: CPR and First Aid
Cancelling less than one week before the starting date will result in a forfeit of your deposit