DAN Instructor Qualification Course (IQC) Diving First Aid for Professional Instructors
DAN Instructor Qualification Course – Diving First Aid for Professional Divers
DAN DFA Pro Instructor is our most comprehensive program that provides the flexibility to meet your student’s goals. Upon completing this course you will be qualified to teach every DAN Provider Course:
- Basic Life Support – CPR & First Aid
- Emergency Oxygen for Scuba Diving Injuries
- Neurological Assessment
- Hazardous Marine Life Injuries
- CPR Health Care Provider with First Aid.
NOTE – These courses can be offered ala carte or as a comprehensive DEMP or as DFA Pro programs
During the course, you’ll learn how to provide role-model demonstrations for each of the key skills included in each provider-level course as well as demonstrate the thorough knowledge of the associated course standards.
- DAN member
- Current Status -Scuba Diving Leader with a recognized training agency
1. Complete the DAN Core Online
- Overview of DAN
- Becoming a DAN Instructor
- DAN training methodology
- Role of a DAN instructor
- Ethics, QA, and the use of DAN logos
- DAN training programs
- General S&P overview
- DAN Provider Award
Note: The online Core Module must be completed no more than 60 days prior to the start of the Instructor Qualification Course.
2. DAN Mini Core
The instructor training will address the following topics during the Mini Core segment.
- DAN Training Methodology
- Instructor materials
- Administrative procedures
- Instructor resources
- Marketing DAN courses
- Good Samaritan laws
- Disease transmission
- Steps to teach the course
3. Diving First Aid for Professional Divers
You’ll learn the DAN process used to teach five courses: BLS: CPR & FA, Emergency Oxygen for Scuba Diving Injuries, Neurological Assessment for Divers, Hazardous Marine Life Injuries, and CPR Healthcare Provider with First Aid.
Course Fee – $650
- All classroom training (three full days or five evenings)
- Use of CPR Mannequins, Oxygen kits, non-rebreather masks, splinting and bandaging materials, gloves, and first aid equipment
- DFA Pro Student Kit (slates, non-rebreather mask, gloves, DAN oronasal resuscitation mask)
- DAN Instructor Application Processing Fee for all five courses