Advanced Diver Class in Denver
A-1’s Advanced Diver Open Water Course
Exploration, Excitement, Experiences! They’re what A-1’s Advanced Diver course is all about. And no, you don’t have to be “advanced” to take it – it’s designed so you can go straight into it after the Open Water Diver course or continue on after completing the three adventure dives in the Adventure Diver Course.
The Advanced Open Water Diver course helps you increase your confidence and build your scuba skills so you can become more comfortable in the water. And, it’s a great way to get more dives under your belt while continuing to learn under the supervision of your A-1 Scuba Instructor. This course builds on what you’ve learned and develops new capabilities by introducing you to new activities and new ways to have fun scuba diving.
The Fun Part…….
One reason you’ll love our Advanced Open Water Diver course is that you’ll have the opportunity to hone your skills by completing five adventure dives under the direction and supervision of a diving professional
Two of the five Adventure Dives are required for Advanced certification are:
Choose the remaining three adventures dives from the list below.
Note: Some adventure dives are specific to certain locations.
- Altitude - offered at the Denver Downtown Aqurium
- Search and Recovery
- PPB - offered at the Denver Downtown Aquarium
- UW Naturalist - offered at the Denver Downtown Aquarium
- Fish Identification - offered at the Denver Downtown Aquarium
- Dry Suit
- Dry Suit at the Aquarium
- Digital Underwater Photography - offered at the Denver Downtown Aquarium
And Get This — Each Adventure Dive in the A-1 Scuba Advanced Diver course may be credited toward the first dive of the corresponding A-1 Scuba Specialty Diver course!
Pool Dive and Review
Though not required, during our brief classroom session your instructor will discuss the logistics of the dives, describe the various tasks you will perform in the open water and review the all-important paperwork. The pool dive includes a quick review some basic scuba skills and an introduction a few of the tasks you’ll perform during your open water dives such as; compass review, simulated night pool dive, practicing your buoyancy skills and more. It’s a lot of fun and will help make your open water dives more enjoyable.
Popular training sites include the Blue Hole in New Mexico, the Crater in Utah or in the ocean on one of our many escorted group trips.
NOTE: The three elective dives for your course will depend on the location and time of year. Be sure to ask when you enroll in the course
Prerequisites for Advanced Diver
- Be a certified Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver from any recognized training organization or PADI Adventure Diver
- Be 10 years old
- 10 & 11 year old participants must also read and sign, along with a parent or guardian, the Youth Diving: Responsibility and Risks Acknowledgement form (PDF) and view the Youth Diving: Responsibility and Risk Video (see below)
- Complete the Knowledge Review questions found at the end of the chapters that pertain to your course in the PADI Advance Diving manual or PADI eLearning online
Complete the following forms:
- Medical Statement (PDF)
- Continuing Education Administrative Document (PDF)
- Statement of Understanding (PDF)
- Aquarium Scuba Diving Waiver (PDF)
- Youth Diving: Responsibility and Risks Acknowledgement form
- View the Youth Diving: Responsibility and Risk Video (see below)
Learning Materials You’ll Need
A-1 Scuba’s Advanced Open Water Diving materials
In order to perform certain tasks, you will need to have the following items.
Note: Select items can be rented
- Primary dive light (when completing the elective night dive)
- Secondary dive light (when completing the elective night dive)
- Laser or Chemical light (for the elective night dive)
- Signaling Device (surface and underwater)
- Timing Device/Computer
- Depth Gauge (a computer will suffice)
- Divers Tool/Knife
Course Fee – $230
- Advanced Open Water Diver - $230.00
- More information about the Blue Hole in New Mexico
- Advanced Open Water Diver - $230.00
- More information about The Crater in Utah
A-1 Group Trip
- Advanced OW Diver: $230.00
Course Fee Includes
- Class/Pool Session at A-1 Scuba and Travel Center
- Five Adventure Dives (Deep, Navigation and three elective dives)
- Advanced Open Water Diver Certification Card & Digital Photo
- Tanks and Fills
- Weights and if applicable, weight belt
Your Next Adventure
After completing this course you may want to pursue the corresponding specialties for the various adventure dives or move on the the Rescue Diver Course, where you’ll learn how to prevent and solve various diving emergencies.
Sign Up Now
Please note: Cancelling less than one week before the starting date will result in a forfeit of your deposit.