Contact us at
(303) 789-2450 or
or by email at email@example.com
Ready to reserve your spot?
Choose a date and reserve your spot online right now!
A-1 Scuba accepts PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
Advanced Oxygen First Aid
Advanced Oxygen First Aid
for Scuba Diving Injuries
The DAN Advanced Oxygen First Aid for Scuba Diving Injuries provider ("DAN Advanced Oxygen Provider") program is designed to:
- Demonstrate how to assemble and prepare the Manually Triggered Ventilator (MTV) and Bag Valve Mask (BVM)
- State the benefits of using the Manually Triggered Ventilator (MTV) and Bag Valve Mask (BVM) for a non-breathing diver
- Demonstrate how to provide Oxygen First Aid with the MTV resuscitator on a breathing and non-breathing diverDemonstrate how to provide Oxygen First Aid with the Bag Valve Mask to a non-breathing diver
Hours of Training
Appoximately 3 hours.
The time needed to complete this course varies and depends on many factors, including the number of students and their ability to process the educational components of the program.
- O2 Resuscitation Systems (MTV and BVM)
- Providing Advanced Oxygen First Aid
- Recommendations for Advanced Oxygen Providers and equipment use
- CPR Review
- Resuscitation with an MTV
- Resuscitation with a BVM
At the end of this program, DAN Advanced Oxygen First Aid for Scuba Diving Injuries, participants will be able to:
- Inspect the MTV and / or Bag Valve Mask and determine readiness for use.
- Outline the circumstances for using the MTV and / or Bag Valve Mask.
- List the directions for ventilations with the MTV and / or Bag Valve Mask.
- List the potential problems associated with the use of the MTV and / or Bag Valve Mask.
- List the considerations for effective ventilations with the MTV and / or Bag Valve Mask.
- Describe the characteristics of effective ventilation using the MTV and / or Bag Valve Mask.
- Explain the steps to follow for cleaning, disinfecting and maintenance of the MTV and / or Bag Valve Mask.
- Disassemble and reassemble the MTV and / or Bag Valve Mask.
- Demonstrate the correct technique for testing the MTV and / or Bag Valve Mask prior to using it.
- Demonstrate the correct technique for using the MTV 100 and / or Bag Valve Mask to resuscitate non-breathing divers (during training this will be done on a mannequin).
- Demonstrate the correct technique for using the MTV 100 to provide oxygen to breathing divers.
The nature and scope of this course is limited to training Oxygen Providers to provide first aid, using the MTV and / or BVM for non-breathing injured divers.
This course does not provide complete training for cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) or advanced airway management skills.
Course participants must complete the DAN Advanced Oxygen First Aid for Scuba Diving Injuries examination with a minimum passing score of 80 percent. The instructor will review the examination with each participant to ensure mastery of the material.
- Current CPR certification (within
past 24 months)
- Oxygen Provider training within 12 months
- Read the appropriate DAN handbook prior to the class (provided with course)
$45.00 per person
- DAN Student Handbook (you will receive this when you enroll in the course)
- DAN Advanced O2 Slate
- DAN Course Completion Card (you must renew every two years)
Sign Up Now
ADVANCED OXYGEN FIRST AID FOR SCUBA DIVING INJURIES COURSE
||Click to see the upcoming class schedule and reserve your spot now, or call (303) 789-2450!
Please note: Cancelling less than one week before the starting date will result in a forfeit of your deposit.